Each year the EGBOSA North America recognizes and honors a fellow EGBOSA member or a GBS teacher or staff member who has made outstanding contributions to the profession or the community. Charitable organizations such as churches and philanthropic individuals who have made significant contributions to the life of GBS may also qualify for the award. The award will be presented on GBS‘s birthday on June 11, 2019.
All EGBOSA members, including GBS teachers/ former teachers, parents, GBS staff are encouraged to make their nominations and submit them to the EGBOSA North America, which will then choose one of the nominees as the winner. Please note that, with the exception of the teaching and support staff, all nominees must be a current EGBOSA member in good standing with any of EGBOSA chapters.
Please read the nomination process, instructions, and required materials below carefully. The deadline to submit your nomination to EGBOSA North America is May 15, 2019, at 4 p.m.
Nomination Process, Criteria, and Instructions:
- EGBOSA member and GBS teachers (past and present) with five years of experience with GBS are eligible for nomination.
- A nominee must have made significant and outstanding contributions to the profession or the community. This also includes churches and individuals outside of the GBS family who have made a significant contribution to the life of GBS.
- With the exception of the teaching and support staff, all nominees must be a current EGBOSA member in good standing with any of the EGBOSA chapters.
- Nominations should be sent to the EGBOSA North America Secretariat and may be submitted by EGBOSA member, teachers/former teacher, GBS student (high school and above), or parent and an individual outside of GBS family for an individual who has made a significant contribution in the life of GBS or the community.
- Alumni and teachers may not nominate themselves.
- Only nominations that meet all the required criteria will be accepted.
Nomination materials must include:
- A minimum of three statements of support/reference, one of which must be from a professional field.
- A 200-word profile written to highlight why the nominee is being nominated.
- A career/social contribution summary.
- One vertical and one horizontal color photograph of an individual/organization nominated for the award.
May 15, 2019, at 11:59 PM. Winner will be announced on GBS ‘s birthday on June 11, 2019, and will be honored during an EGBOSA Annual Meeting/Ceremony in summer.